The Tower Technician I will install, maintain, and operate wired, wireless, fiber optic and microwave telecommunications equipment and systems. As a Tower Technician, support will be provided in the maintenance and operation of generators, HVAC, and telecommunication site infrastructures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and implements MasTec Network Solutions (MNS) Health Safety and Environmental Policies. (Safety Manual).
- Understands and implements Industry standards (OSHA, TIA10-48, NATE CTS and ANSI)
- Climbing towers and ladders at various heights
- Erection of various tower types
- Off-loading material and inventory
- Preparation and cleaning of sites
- Installation of new carriers on new build and existing towers
- Assists in tower erection using helicopters, cranes and gin poles
- Assists in the assembly of monopole, all weld and knock down self-support and guyed towers
- Assists in the antenna installation of microwave parabolic 1 to 15-foot, VHF, UHF, cellular and FM broadcast antennas
- Assists in