What is the minimum coverage required in Stone Mountain, GA?
The minimum limits of liability required under Stone Mountain, Georgia law are Bodily injury Liability of $25,000 per person, $50,000 per occurrence, and Property Damage liability of $25,000 per occurrence.
What affects car insurance rates?
Several factors affect car insurance rates, such as one’s age, credit rating, driving history, gender, and marital status.
Is Auto insurance required in Stone Mountain, GA?
Yes, all drivers in Stone Mountain must provide proof of insurance when operating any vehicle. Failure to do so can result in hefty fines and suspension. Having insurance is just as important as having a title on your car or registering it with the DMV.
What type of car insurance should I buy?
- Collision Coverage: This type of insurance covers damage to your vehicle in the event of a covered accident involving a collision with another vehicle.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This type of auto insurance covers damage to your car from causes other than a collision. For instance, it covers damage to your car caused by disasters other than collisions.
- Liability Coverage: This type of car insurance provides financial protection for drivers who harm someone else or their property while operating a vehicle.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This type of coverage is an optional auto insurance coverage that helps pay you or your passenger’s medical expenses resulting from a car accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Coverage: Uninsured motorist coverage helps you pay for medical bills or car damages caused by a driver who doesn’t have car insurance. While underinsured motorist coverage is a protection that helps pay for your expenses if you’re hit by an underinsured driver.
Can I get car insurance with bad credit?
Yes, you can get car insurance if you have bad credit but your insurance rate could be a little higher. Thankfully Velox Insurance represents several insurance carriers and we can find you at a very competitive rate.